Friday 21 May 2010

Evaluation!

Over all I think this project has gone very well. It was a large task to aspire to and took a lot of effort but I'm very happy with the way the flicker book turned out in the end. One of the things that I feel I have been successful with in this work is the amount of contextual and relevant research I have looked at. In this project I have had the chance to look at many different artists and I feel it has exposed me to different ways of working and creating illustrations. There have been a few ideas floating around my head for this FMP but I went with the first idea I had and developed it, which has been very successful and has been complete, but has caused a lack of varied development work in the blog. This wasn't helped with the fact that I heavily researched and drew ideas from that rather than through trial and error. The development side of my work is my weakest and has the most room to improve. But it is very focused and lead to a very successful final piece.

With the flick book I wanted to look at the nature of evolution and the way some aspects of modern society are very unstable, to help show this I looked at making the drawings and designs very simple in the start, slowly progressing into a more complex heavily drawn stile. Whilst the final book retains this idea I think that the progression is hard to see and could be much clearer. The drawings are very simple and naive which is what I was going for but I feel it may have winded out to much so, b¨t bare in mind the flick-book is supposed to be looked at as a whole and not on an page by page drawing basis. The book has its flaws but at the same time I think it has a small charm to it in the way the charters and environments have been made. I wanted to keep it nice and bright and this I feel I have achieved fairly well.

Something I could have been more careful with is my time management, which I think has been less than great, I got all the work done however I think I could have spaced the work load out better, making the final production less stressful to make.

Overall I think this FMP has been a fun experience and I think I have accomplished a good amount of work. I tried to make something more interesting than a ordinary animation, which was daring and I gave me a harsh learning curve. I hope to achieve well with this project and have had a fun (and not so fun) time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment