Friday 26 February 2010

FMP Proposal

for my FMP I plan to make a animation, however rather than making it with software such as aftereffects and cinema 4D I intend to take a much more hand rendered approach and compile a flicker book with illustrations to form my animation. In theory the animation will be thirty seconds long, and I assume (for the moment) that the animation will be roughly 10 pages every second, making the book roughly 300 pages long, considering that all of these need to be hand rendered, I will have to make the images simple in order to complete it on time. Because of the time consternate, the drawings will have to be simple line, if I feel that I have time to color in the images I will in all likely hood opt to use simple ink washes. For this project to work I will need to find and buy (or make) a book that has good quality paper and has the potential to absorb and handle ink well, I'm not sure how easy such a thing will be to come by but I can possibly use the collage facilities to make my own book.

The project is based on the theme of DNA and to follow this I will study evolution, the reason for this choice is because I feel that this particular theme will translate well into an animated format, looking at evolution will help me easily tell a narrative, which is what I want to achieve with this project. My initial idea around the concept of evolution was to produce a animated time line of human evolution, I want to make this somewhat comedic and thus will not study the actual human evolution history. I will need to do some research of past animals in order to form a basis for my design work, however I will make my own designs rather than illustrate them in as they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment