Sunday 28 March 2010

Iemza



This is part of a selection of work that I have found in a book called "street sketchbook", all the work in this book is hand rendered and illustration work, so basically its a pro example of what I'm focusing on in my flicker book. All the work in this book is really good and blows my shit out of the water, so I thought it would make sense to have a look and see if anything gives me some INSPIRATION! And well they are quite a few little gems within its pages witch I have posted up hear...I had to take photos rather than scans because my scanner sucks the big one >.>, any way one of the guys I have looked at is a bloke call Iemza, his work is very dark and uses a lot of desaturated colors to create very human and dismal peaces (in a good way!) He experiments with distorting the human form and explores the concept of fragility. His work is very stylized and individual and the way he conveys themes and humanity through his drawings is very striking and impressive.

1 comment:

  1. For a historical approach have a look at the varied work of Pop artist Richard Hamilton

    ReplyDelete