Friday 26 March 2010

I've found a leaflet of a Mitchy bwoy Exhibition at the custard factory, so i decided to do a little research on the inter-webs to see if it was worth going to or not. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at his work and stile, he illustrates human form in a very layered and patterned way, his drawings have a great sense of stile to them and look very unique and interesting, having a strong, striking appearance is important to maintain in all manner of illustration and ill have to try and inject my own stile into my flicker book. The link to a selection of his work is:
http://www.crazegallery.com/exhibitions/mitchybwoy/mitchy_bwoy_gallery/mitchybwoy.html
My favorite series of illustrations being the clown girls (not for that reason!)
His work is gritty and looks harsh a nice reflection of the nasty world around us, I will most likely check this guys show out.

1 comment:

  1. His typography is nice and reminds me of Scott Hansen's work at iso50 http://iso50.com/iso50.html

    ReplyDelete