Friday 22 January 2010

One of my ideas for the d&ad on the metro news paper


This design was made for the metro d&ad brief, I produced a few designers for this project but this particular one is my favorate, however ultimately I could not use it as my final for the project because I felt the the thinking behind it was week. The design itself works because, like many pieces of my work it is very simple. The colour of the back ground is taken from the logo colours of the metro news paper. The idea behind the poster is very simple, the slogan I came up with for the news paper was free and full of news, and because of that, I chose to cut out the word 'metro' and place images of the news paper behind it, making the metro literally full of news! Get it? The use of tight text and negative space help the design greatly. This particular design has come out much more polished than I thought it would and I am very pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment