Friday 22 January 2010

Typography! I'm going on start on illustration work soon!


This poster design has been made based around the Trajan typeface, the main thing i decided on in this design was that based on my research it needed to look some what structured. This was mainly based on the fact that the type was lifted and slightly modified from Roman letter-forms from temples and I wanted to convey and show this in my design, this poster is my favorite but do feel that the basic notion of structure has been lost on it.
This design is very simple and I think somewhat clever, the idea hear was to create the image and meaning of the word through simple use of lay out, and in this design i have done this by making the work in the shape of a sum with the one on its side to make it look like a negative symbol.
This design is a earlier version of the previous poster, i don't like it quite as much, but I do fell it captures the concept behind the font more accurately in that the design looks somewhat technical in its structure and the layout is reminiscent of a vague temple i think anyway >>.

No comments:

Post a Comment